* Cut chicken breast into thin pieces.
* Throughly clean the chicken.
* Season to taste using garlic powder, parsley, black pepper, sea salt, lemon pepper and Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning.
* Let the seasonings marinate on the meat for an hour in the fridge.
* Cut up some green bell peppers and onions.
* Pour a little of olive oil on the griddle (in home portable grill) on medium.
* Add the bell peppers and onions to the grill.
* Add the chicken breast.
* Squeeze fresh lemon on the chicken.
* Cook both sides until they’re golden and then turn the tempature down to low allowing the inside to cook.
* After about 15 minutes of cooking time your breasts are ready to be served! 😋
Spinach is one of my favorite vegetables! I can eat it with almost anything! Raw or cooked, spinach is a great choice. It’s great for boosting your immune system, helps with digestion, anti-flammatory, prevents cancer, low in fat, great brain food and high in minerals and vitamins! I like to prepare mine in the skillet with olive oil, garlic (my favorite ingredient), onions and season to taste! You can also use it to make smoothies and juices. When my little is having a hard time digesting or releasing I make him a green smoothie with spinach, green apples and bananas! Try adding spinach to your meal today you’ll be in for a treat!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring! Find ways to switch up your eating and cooking meals that don’t require much time especially for our working mommies! Pictured is shrimp and Brocoli stirfry I made for lunch today. Broccoli is a great source of dietary fiber, calcium, iron, potassium omega-3 fatty acids, protein and many more vitamins and minerals. This meal in total including prep time only took me 30 minutes can you believe that?! And what’s even better is my son loves Brocoli so it was the perfect meal for us! Try it at home, I’ll list the ingredients and directions below! Enjoy!
- Olive oil
- Colossal raw shrimp
- Brocoli florets
- Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- Weber Rosemary garlic & herb seasoning
- Fresh diced garlic, onions and bell peppers
- Black pepper seasoning
Pour a little olive oil in the skillet on medium
Add the onions, fresh garlic and bell peppers
Season the Brocoli and add it to the skillet
Let the Brocoli cook on medium for 10 minutes
Season the shrimp with the above seasonings
Add the shrimp to the skillet
Cook shrimp and Brocoli together on medium for 10 minutes
Place lid on the skillet and turn off the stove
Serve, dinner is ready!
Black beans unlike all other beans are high in protein and fiber. Twice a week I indulge in a cup of boiled black beans. They’re other beans you can choose from such as red, other legumes such as lentils, pinto or white beans. But my favorite is black beans. Nutritional factors include key vitamins such as folate, 44% of iron, 39% of potassium, 13% of zinc and plenty more.
Results from consuming black beans include maintaining strong bones from the calcium in the potassium, lowered blood pressure due to low sodium, managing diabetes due to lower blood glucose from the increase in fiber, prevents cancer and promotes healthy digestion.
Have some black beans today and share the good benefits with others.