Spinach is one of my favorite vegetables! I can eat it with almost anything! Raw or cooked, spinach is a great choice. It’s great for boosting your immune system, helps with digestion, anti-flammatory, prevents cancer, low in fat, great brain food and high in minerals and vitamins! I like to prepare mine in the skillet with olive oil, garlic (my favorite ingredient), onions and season to taste! You can also use it to make smoothies and juices. When my little is having a hard time digesting or releasing I make him a green smoothie with spinach, green apples and bananas! Try adding spinach to your meal today you’ll be in for a treat!
If you’re looking for some motivation for eating and living a healthy life here’s a few tips that can help you transition smoothly. Eating healthy should not be temporary that’s why I like to refrain from using the word “diet” because it should be a lifestyle instead. Below are five strategies I followed to direct me in the right path, hope they help for you.
- Prayer. Before I began my lifestyle change I prayed and asked God to give me the will power and strength to succeed and to not fall into temptation.
- Discover your why. Your why will be your motivation when you become discouraged. For me my why was my son. In order for me to teach him how to eat healthy and be healthy it starts with me first. I must be his role model to help him succeed by starting with healthy cooking in the home. I also wanted to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy and become fit so I can have energy to be active with him.
- Implement more fruits and vegetables. These foods are key because not only are most of them low in calories and sugar but they’re grown on the earth and full of minerals and vitamins our body needs on a daily basis.
- Meal prep. Plan your week in advance. I always grocery shop on my off day so when the new week begins I’ll have my meals and snacks ready to go. To avoid binge eating it’s best to keep your healthy food and snacks with you while you’re on the go.
- Mind over matter. Don’t think about it just do it. Train your mid to enjoy your new food choices. To prevent temptation keep all things that aren’t healthy out of your pantry and fridge!
Share some of the challenges you might have below with transitioning to a healthy life!
Peace, love and blessings!